triggers based on time since date

Anonymous
Not applicable

triggers based on time since date

Is it possible to use any triggers based emails, whereby....

It's been 30days since you last visited.........send email?

Barry
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: triggers based on time since date

It's not a trigger per se, but you could run a repeating batch campaign with this filter:

0EM50000000RFvb.jpg
and add a Send Email flow step.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Barry--I'm not sure you can do that with a trigger, you might just have to use a batch campaign and then set it to run daily. You could use the "Not Visited Web Page" filter and set a constraint for date of activity in past 30 days.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks jason, that would would work if it was an webpage, but were basing it on if used software or simply if not yet activated since 30days of purchase.......send email.

I think I with kate on this one that the only way is to manually do batch campaigns.

The real question is where is this so called "automation" software that marketo bangs on about?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think actually Jason and I are suggesting the same thing. If you're wanting to automatically run a campaign based on whether someone activated your software or hasn't logged in, you could trigger a campaign off of a field in your CRM. Are you guys using SalesForce? Do you capture that information in there? (Has activated, date of last login, etc.) If you're not, I would suggest starting there.

Definitely having to run an actual, manual batch campaign would be an absolute last resort...
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's automated in the sense that you don't have to pull a list of people who haven't activated your software, made a purchase, etc. The list will run daily/weekly, etc. and pull in the leads and send them an email.

If you have a custom object in Salesforce that houses that data (software usage, etc.) and it has a relationship to leads, contacts, or accounts, you can add that to the Salesforce sync and it will create triggers and filters from it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we were thinking of doing that, however to API process in Marketo is very slow compared to others and only allows us to update 100 leads at a time, when you have a database of over 150,000 leads, we need one person to overview this process. My suggestion was to create a field which would count the days from date of sale to activation date and if that reaches a certain number trigger the email....

We have Salesforce but don’t capture that information there and we will have to create it, its something that we have to test and figure if the value of chasing these customers is worth it or not, or if the effort to integrate with Marketo is too time consuming. 

Comes back to the basic cost vs do ability argument.