Block email activity from Salesforce sales insight

Anonymous
Not applicable

Block email activity from Salesforce sales insight

Hi,
Is there a way to block a certain email from showing up in the Marketo Sales Insight tab in Salesforce? We are hoping to send an email, but do not want the email activity (sent, opened, etc.) to show up in the lead's activity history in Salesforce.

Thank you in advance,
Angelica
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Block email activity from Salesforce sales insight

you can controll what writes to the activity history on a lead or contact related to Marketo activities in the Admin tab under Salesforce. Is this what you are trying to do?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,
We only want to block the activity from a single email, not all emails, so I don't want to change any of our settings on the admin side.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it. Just turn off the activity history related to email sent by Marketo for 30 minutes then around the go-live...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Angelica,

I could be wrong, but I believe that the Sales Insight tab is custom-generated by Marketo and uses a lead's activity log.

One thing you could do is to send the person the email as an alert, but this will also disable all stats on that email.

If you choose to do this, try a flow step like this to send the email: 

0EM50000000RFuH.jpg

Be sure to test this method though!

Hope this helps!

Jared

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark and Jared,
Thank you for your input! I will test both of these suggestions and see what works for us.

Thank you,
Angelica