SOLVED

Re: Triggering Campaign Based on Clicking a Link

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggering Campaign Based on Clicking a Link

I would like to trigger a new campaign based off a lead clicking a link in another email but am having trouble.

I assume I would use the "Clicks Link" trigger in the Smart List because an email may contain more than one link. But the link I want to use is not in the drop down menu and if I put it in mannually it says I cannot activate the campaign with an error in the Smart List.

I know the link has been clicked on because this email has been going out for a long time but if you pull up a lead and look at the activity, it will say - Email Delivered - Email Opened - Clicked Email - but it won't show the actual link that was clicked on in the email.

Am I missing something here?  Is there a way to make this work?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah you're right.

But, you can add the 'Link" constraint and just set the Emal: to 'is any'. Will that work?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm understanding the situation, I believe you're using the "Clicks Link" trigger for an emai and in that case you should be using the 'Clicks Link in Email' trigger.

Try that and see if your link is in there!

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I tried that but unfortunately, with the "Clicks Link in Email" trigger you can only specify the email, not the specific link. Therefore, if we have more than one link in an email, this would not work. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah you're right.

But, you can add the 'Link" constraint and just set the Emal: to 'is any'. Will that work?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It isn't quite the same, but could you try a Visit Web Page trigger on the destination page if this is a dedicated landing page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah! I didn't see the 'Link' contraint.  Let me see if that will work. If not, I'll have to look into the Visit Web Page option.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding the Link constraint to the Clicked Link in Email trigger seems to have accomplished what I wanted. Thanks again!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome! Glad it worked!