SOLVED

Triggering a petition email send based on filling out form

Go to solution
Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Triggering a petition email send based on filling out form

Hi, 

we use Drupal forms to integrate with MKTO, to use as people signing petitions and pledges. One setting in Drupal that we used was that it automatically sent a pre-written email to a politician, addressed by, and from, the lead's email address once filled. Wondering how we could mirror that in MKTO?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Re: Triggering a petition email send based on filling out form

Hi Harish, 

Apologies for needing a little more guidance, but what token would I use to identify the lead who filled the form, and the email used to fill the form?

Are you talkign about the send alert token? is it pobbile to break that up into name | email to populate those two fields? 

Thanks for your help, 

View solution in original post

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Create a smart campaign. In the smart list tab, add the criteria for Form filled and in the email header section, use the lead email address and lead name token.

Harish Gupta

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You could use Send Alert. The "Send To Other" recipient can be any {{token}}.

Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Thanks Sanford, I'm testing it now. 

Will I be able to edit the header info per lead, i.e. everytime this alert is sent, the from name and from sender fields are populated with the person who triggered the email send?

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Hi Lucas,

You can use the token for From name and From Sender field.

Thanks

Harish Gupta
Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Hi Harish, 

Apologies for needing a little more guidance, but what token would I use to identify the lead who filled the form, and the email used to fill the form?

Are you talkign about the send alert token? is it pobbile to break that up into name | email to populate those two fields? 

Thanks for your help, 

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Create a smart campaign. In the smart list tab, add the criteria for Form filled and in the email header section, use the lead email address and lead name token.

Harish Gupta