Triggering a Lead Status Change Off a Logged Activity in SFDC

Hilary_Wikczek
Level 2

Triggering a Lead Status Change Off a Logged Activity in SFDC

Hi, 

We recently rebuilt our lifecycle in Marketo. Our goal was to automate all stages of the lifecycle. I'm running into trouble on two of my stages that are listening for activities logged in Salesforce. One smart campaign is looking for a task logged on an MQL to change the status to Sales Accepted. I am noticing this trigger is very inconsistent, sometimes it fires and sometimes it does not. I also set up a batch to catch what the trigger missed, but it is not seeing these people that should have their lead status changed to Sales Accepted. Is anyone else doing something similar and is it working for you? Including an image of my smart campaign below.

I should also note the reason we set up our lifecycle like this is we wanted to know if sales was following up or rejecting MQLs and we wanted to be able to track how quickly the team was following up, so we wanted the Sales Accepted stage date/time stamped.Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 2.23.36 PM.png

Thanks, 

Hilary

2 REPLIES 2
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Triggering a Lead Status Change Off a Logged Activity in SFDC

Can you have the Sales Accepted status change in your CRM? I like to keep sales automations in the CRM and marketing automations in the MAP.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Hilary_Wikczek
Level 2

Re: Triggering a Lead Status Change Off a Logged Activity in SFDC

Hi Amy, 

Yes I could. I wanted to keep as much of this in Marketo as I could since I'm responsible for making sure it's functioning properly, but maybe it makes more sense to move it to SFDC. It seems like Marketo is inconsistent with triggering off tasks. Have you had any issues having functionality like this in your CRM? 

Thanks, 

Hilary