Triggering a campaign with custom email tokens per lead

Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggering a campaign with custom email tokens per lead

I am working on sending transactional emails via the trigger campaign REST API. The endpoint seems to take a list of leads. My understanding from this article is that it is not possible to supply custom program tokens per lead?

For example, let us say I have a "Welcome" email that is sent shortly after signup. The email includes a custom message that is different for each user, and this message is supplied by a {{my.customMessage}} token. My understanding is that I cannot trigger the campaign with JSON like this, where the email tokens for each lead is respectively taken from the "tokens" field:

{

"input": {

"leads": [

{

"id": 0

},

{

"id": 1

},

{

"id": 2

}

],

"tokens": [

[{

"name": "{{my.customMessage}}",

"value": "Custom message for lead 0"

}],

[{

"value": "Custom message for lead 1"

}],

[{

"value": "Custom message for lead 2"

}],

]

}

}

My understanding is that the only batching I can do through the trigger campaign API would be the following, where the leads all get the same message:

{

"input": {

"leads": [

{

"id": 0

},

{

"id": 1

},

{

"id": 2

}

],

"tokens": [

{

"value": "Custom message for lead 0, 1, 2"

},

]

}

}

Is this correct? I am just trying trigger batch and send multiple emails with custom tokens in a single API request.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Triggering a campaign with custom email tokens per lead

Temporary Program-level {{my.tokens}} such as those used by the Request and Schedule Campaign endpoints are global to the job.

Of course, depending on your load and requirements, you could set a permanent Program-level {{my.token}} instead. This could be a Velocity token (not permitted as a temporary token) that stores the custom messages for all your leads in an ArrayList.