SOLVED

trigger with 'not program was changed' not working?

Go to solution
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

trigger with 'not program was changed' not working?

I added a trigger to update program status changes (open email), but it's secondary to another trigger (click email). Since opening and clicking CAN be done at a pace that makes these conflict with each other, I want to suppress the view status if the click status has already run. 

Trigger:   Opens Email is xyz

Not Program Was Changed is (Program); New Status is Clicked

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: trigger with 'not program was changed' not working?

Hi JD,

It's not possible for leads to move backward in a program's progression, so what you could do is set the statuses so once leads attained Clicked status they wouldn't be able to go back to Opened.  You would do this in Admin > Tags > Channel(your program's channel).  Make sure Clicked is set to a higher value than Opened, and you'll be good to go.  Does that make sense?

John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi JD,

It's not possible for leads to move backward in a program's progression, so what you could do is set the statuses so once leads attained Clicked status they wouldn't be able to go back to Opened.  You would do this in Admin > Tags > Channel(your program's channel).  Make sure Clicked is set to a higher value than Opened, and you'll be good to go.  Does that make sense?

John

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Brilliant. I do have them setup in the proper progression, so you're saying I just put the opens email trigger and update program status and I'm done? Sounds good, thanks!

John_Clark1
Level 10

You would still need to have a campaign for Opened and a campaign for Clicked, but it wouldn't matter which the lead ran through first.  If they go through Clicked first, then when they went through the Opened campaign it would just say they can't move backward.

If they go through Opened first, then Clicked, they would just move from one to the other, no problem.

John