SOLVED

Trigger Sample Send/Email Send from REST API

Go to solution
tazzy1234
Level 2

Trigger Sample Send/Email Send from REST API

Hello Community, 

I am trying to determine a way to send a sample email or schedule an email send to just one recipient. Ideally this would be a batch process (i.e. send a test email of every email in workspace to a singular email address) or would be done on an individual basis by the associated email ID  (i.e. send email ID#5 to INSERT_LEAD_ID_HERE).

Looked through the docs briefly but didnt see anything jump out. Anyone got a solve for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

Re: Trigger Sample Send/Email Send from REST API

tazzy1234
Level 2

Hey Sanford, 

Along those same lines, are you aware of a way to batch extract contents of emails? I'm trying to make a historical archive of all emails that have gone out of an instance. I know you can extract HTML content on a per email basis using the associated email ID, and also download the the HTML via the GUI, but wondering if there is a fast way to achieve that without having to make potentially thousands of API calls or manually download each email. Hints why I was asking about sending sample emails (to a monitored inbox). 

Appreciate your help!

SanfordWhiteman

No, there’s no bulk method for that. Thousands isn’t really a lot of API calls though.

tazzy1234
Level 2

Slightly different topic, but do you happen to know how long Marketo asset URL's exist for once your instance contract is over? A client of mine is moving away from Marketo and I'm wondering how long image links for past emails will resolve for once they are officially out of Marketo

SanfordWhiteman

I don’t expect them to work at all once an instance is discontinued — after all, they’re part of the product offering. There’s usually some time before the instance is actually spun down but you shouldn’t rely on it.