Re: Trigger a campaign with parameter from Salesforce Tasks

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger a campaign with parameter from Salesforce Tasks

Hello,

Here is a use case i'd like to implement with Marketo + SFDC:

1. In Salesforce we create a task with a due date and a description for a lead

2. It triggers a Smart Campaign or a Program that does: at the due date, send an email to the lead with this description.

Is this possible ? I know how to trigger a smart campaign with "Activity is logged" but I can't get the value of the description nor the due date of the task which triggered it.

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lucas,

This cannot be done in Marketo as you describe it. You will not be able to get the date to set the end of the wait and neither will you be able to get the task description to populate the email (tasks are not even accessible from email scripts).

So, this only leaves the following mechanism:

• in SFDC, you will have to copy the task date and description to 2 lead or contact fields. This can be done with triggers or may be process builder
  • These fields will sync to Marketo and you will be able to use them (the date as a token in the wait step, and the description as a token in the email).

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that can all be done inside of Salesforce without the need of involving Marketo.

The follow up email that is.  The task can be created from anywhere.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lucas,

This cannot be done in Marketo as you describe it. You will not be able to get the date to set the end of the wait and neither will you be able to get the task description to populate the email (tasks are not even accessible from email scripts).

So, this only leaves the following mechanism:

• in SFDC, you will have to copy the task date and description to 2 lead or contact fields. This can be done with triggers or may be process builder
  • These fields will sync to Marketo and you will be able to use them (the date as a token in the wait step, and the description as a token in the email).

-Greg