SOLVED

Transition Rules based on Form Fills

Go to solution
Julz_James
Level 10

Transition Rules based on Form Fills

Hi there,

I'm setting up some transition rules for an engagment program, but I want to know if I can set up the rule as follows:

Transition 1 -  SMB 
Email Delivered & (Filled out Form & Data value changed to 1-49, 50-149, 150-249) or Form not filled out

Transition 2 - Enterprise
Email Delivered & Filled out Form & Data value changed to 250-2499, 2500+

Essentially what I'm trying to do is split SMB and Enterprise leads into 2 different streams within an engagement program. However, I also need to make sure that anyone who didn't fill out the form still sits in the SMB track.

Should I be doing this using all triggers, or just have 'email delivered' as the trigger and the rest as filters?

Thank you!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Transition Rules based on Form Fills

Hi Juli, I think that only one of them should be a trigger, and then the remainder should be filters. Otherwise, Triggers are similar to OR statements in that any of them will activate your transition rule but then there won't be the correct limitations (filters) in place to put them into the correct stream. Also, keep in mind that people are pulled into a stream. They will automatically go into the first stream when they enter the engagement program (unless they're designated to be dropped into a specific stream), and then the transition rules will pull them into a stream when a triggered action occurs. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What is Transition 1? Where is that lead coming from?

I think you should have these as two entry triggers:

01 SMB Entry - lead did x and has y: IS SMB OR we don't know
02 Enterprise Entry - lead did x and has y: IS Enterprise

then have a Transition on the Enterprise Stream as you describe above to capture people who change it somehow.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Juli, I think that only one of them should be a trigger, and then the remainder should be filters. Otherwise, Triggers are similar to OR statements in that any of them will activate your transition rule but then there won't be the correct limitations (filters) in place to put them into the correct stream. Also, keep in mind that people are pulled into a stream. They will automatically go into the first stream when they enter the engagement program (unless they're designated to be dropped into a specific stream), and then the transition rules will pull them into a stream when a triggered action occurs. 
Julz_James
Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.  All leads will  be sitting in a Cloud nurture engagement program (via purchased data to start with and then via web visists and form fills) - so everyone no matter is SMB or Enterprise will be sat in the same program.  What I want to then do is split the SMB's and Enterprises out when they fill in a form on a landing page, so that the below 250 employees go to one stream within the program, and the 250+ employees go to another stream within the program so they'll get targeted with other more relvant data, but all within the cloud nurture program.

Does this make more sense?  I think I will need to do a trigger and then a filter.

Thanks