SOLVED

Tracking what program caused person to cross MQL score threshold?

Go to solution
Eric_Lew1
Level 2

Tracking what program caused person to cross MQL score threshold?

Hi there!

I am trying to track which program caused a person's lead score to exceed our MQL threshold. In our instance, when a person's lead score exceeds 15, we consider the person an MQL. I would like to track the program that caused the lead score to cross that threshold, similar to how marketo automatically tracks last interesting moments.

Here's how our instance would cause a person to cross the MQL threshold:

Program 1 - Webinar: Person registers for webinar

Program 2 - Behavioral Scoring: If person achieves program status "webinar - registered", add 5 points to lead score

Program 3 - MQL threshold: If person's behavioral score exceeds 15, check MQL box

What I would like to do, is to add a flow step to program three which sets a field called "MQL Source Program" and set it to be equal to the person's last interesting moment. However I see no way to set one field equal to the value of another field in marketo, except for tokens. Unfortunately there is no token for last interesting moment.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: Tracking what program caused person to cross MQL score threshold?

Hi Eric,

The {{trigger.Name}} token will record the name of the smart campaign which requests a campaign.

So if if you can figure out logic so that the campaign which pushes them over the threshold requests a campaign to set the MQL Source Program field, you can use the {{trigger.Name}} token to set the value to be whichever campaign requested it.

Grant

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Eric,

The {{trigger.Name}} token will record the name of the smart campaign which requests a campaign.

So if if you can figure out logic so that the campaign which pushes them over the threshold requests a campaign to set the MQL Source Program field, you can use the {{trigger.Name}} token to set the value to be whichever campaign requested it.

Grant

Eric_Lew1
Level 2

Thanks for the idea Grant. I'm trying to figure out how to combine programs 2 and 3 in my example so I can use the trigger.name token as you suggest, but I don't think it's possible in the long run as our MQL threshold definition will eventually change to have requirements for both behavioral and demographic scores.

I was able to implement the desired functionality using a Salesforce workflow instead. An ugly solution but functional.