Tracking the User's Email Client of Emails Sent/Opened/etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking the User's Email Client of Emails Sent/Opened/etc.

Is there anyway to track which email client a lead uses based on their email activity? I drilled into email activities on a lead and can't see any of it, but maybe a Marketo employee knows if it is tracked :).   I know its available in some other tools, but wasn't sure if it was available in Marketo and maybe just not exposed.  Anyone know of another tool/code that could be added into templates to maybe gather this insight?

Thanks!
Michael
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking the User's Email Client of Emails Sent/Opened/etc.

I know Mailchimp and possibly Litmus can help track this.

If you've tied GA to your links, I think GA will show some client details.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Joshua,

The main thing though is I need it to be tied back to the individual.  I know Litmus shows what it looks like in those clients or browsers, mobile, etc, but I don't believe it allows me to track it to an individual.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some approaches involving CSS media queries that seem to be becoming popular. Support is still pretty spotty, so it isn't the most accurate thing in the world but is somewhat technically possible.

We don't do this now, but it is something we've started looking at. So, to answer your original question, it isn't just a matter of exposing something we already have.