SOLVED

Tracking redirect URLs for ad campaign - is it possible?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking redirect URLs for ad campaign - is it possible?

Hi - I'd like to create a series of redirects to a specific landing page for an online advertising campaign but it doesn't appear that Marketo will allow me to report/track the redirect URL, which is the URL I'm going to provide the ad vendors and will want to track how each ad is performing.  Is there a better way or another way to track activity on redirects?

Any and all ideas appreciated.

Thanks
Kim
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

Re: Tracking redirect URLs for ad campaign - is it possible?

I'm assuming you have a form on the landing page. The way we do this is to add a hidden field to the form & then add the value to be entered for that hidden field in the URL string.

For example:

Form has usual fields and a hidden field named Lead Source Description with the URL Parameter of LeadSourceDesc
URL given for the campaign would look like http://yourmarketoinstance.com?LeadSourceDesc=AdCampaign1

This will only track the performance of conversions and not hits from the ads, obviously. To track the hits, you'd need to do something with your web analytics package as Charlie mentioned.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up Goals in Google Analytics would probably be your best bet.
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

I'm assuming you have a form on the landing page. The way we do this is to add a hidden field to the form & then add the value to be entered for that hidden field in the URL string.

For example:

Form has usual fields and a hidden field named Lead Source Description with the URL Parameter of LeadSourceDesc
URL given for the campaign would look like http://yourmarketoinstance.com?LeadSourceDesc=AdCampaign1

This will only track the performance of conversions and not hits from the ads, obviously. To track the hits, you'd need to do something with your web analytics package as Charlie mentioned.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!  Thanks for both of your suggestions.  It looks like it will work out perfectly with doing both.

Thanks
Kim