Tracking opens

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking opens

I am testing a program with multiple smart campaigns that trigger based on the leads actions. One problem I have run into is the open smart campaign. I have 3 test leads with 3 different email addresses and have sent them all through the program multiple times, meaning that these 3 leads have received the same email multiple times. When you send the same email multiple times, should opens be tracked each and every time a lead runs through the process? Or do opens only get tracked once on the same mail server? I am trying to move the lead to another smart campaign based on opens and am running out of test leads (personal email addresses).

2 REPLIES 2
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Tracking opens

Do you have the Qualification Rules set to "every time"?  if so, then you should be able to test multiple times with the same leads.  Just a word of caution, using "opens" as a trigger behavior is a very unreliable metric.  We don't even track opens anymore in our regular reporting.  But of course, you may have a use-case that warrants this.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Tracking opens

Yes to what Dan says.

But I think your question is a bit more nuanced. If you send the SAME email to a person multiple times, it will get tracked based on when the LEAD does the behavior, not when the email was sent (other than Delivery/Sent). So there are two ways to look at the email behavior:

1. Smart campaign trigger; Opens Email X Times on Y days (dates)

2. Email Perf Report.

Both depend on a time range given to tell you about the behavior. Yes, a lead can click or open an email multiple times.