SOLVED

Tracking Link Performance - Help, I accidentally shared the same link twice now can't report correctly.

Go to solution
roadshowhannah
Level 3

Tracking Link Performance - Help, I accidentally shared the same link twice now can't report correctly.

Hoping someone might be able to help me πŸ˜Š

I sent an email out recently, with 3 different content modules.

Unfortunately, instead of sharing 3 different links (1 individual for each piece of content), I incorrectly shared the same link twice across two pieces of content. Both content # 2 and content # 3 had the same URL. 

Now when I'm looking at the email link performance, I'm unable to tell the links apart, and whether it was actually content # 2 or content # 3 people people clicked on. Does anyone have any other recommendations for further tracking links against modules? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Hannah 

Hannah
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tracking Link Performance - Help, I accidentally shared the same link twice now can't report correctly.

Do the links (<a> tags) have different id attributes?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Re: Tracking Link Performance - Help, I accidentally shared the same link twice now can't report correctly.

Do the links (<a> tags) have different id attributes?

roadshowhannah
Level 3

Hi Sanford, 

Thank you for mentioning the links (<a> tags) - they certainly do and I've since been able to differentiate the content in the email link performance report. 

Your suggestion is/was greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 

Hannah
SanfordWhiteman

Great. More people should use this feature – and not just in emergencies!