Tracking clicks on "View as a Webpage" link

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking clicks on "View as a Webpage" link

Hello, I saw an older article on whether it's possible to track the # of clicks for the View as a Webpage link (which the article said is not possible), but wanted to know if there's been an update. Is there still no tracking of clicks for the View as a Webpage link? We just sent a text-only email to a group of about 120,000 leads, and I would like to find out how many people clicked on the View as a Webpage link.

Thanks,

Laura
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tracking clicks on "View as a Webpage" link

Clicks on that link are indeed logged.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford...So, I should be able to tell who clicked on the link when I create a report in Marketo?
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Provided the link is being properly rewritten by Marketo to bounce of the tracking server/branding domain, yes.

Are people getting customized versions of that link?  (They have to get per-user URLs or the underlying lead can't be tracked.) More to the point, are you running test reports?  You should know pretty quickly whether they work or not.  Personally my quibble with View as Web Page is not that it doesn't get logged, it's that it gets logged as a web page view, when really it should be considered an Open.