SOLVED

Tracking changes to SFDC variables via API

Go to solution
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Tracking changes to SFDC variables via API

I'm trying to track changes to four specific SFDC fields via the Marketo API: sfdcLeadId, sfdcAccountId, sfdcContactId and sfdcType, but am not having any luck. My first approach was to tap into the leadchanges.json endpoint and focus on Change Data Value activity type, but it doesn't look like these field changes are logged there. Does anyone know if they're logged elsewhere that I can tap into via the API?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Tracking changes to SFDC variables via API

I'm creating a warehouse of Marketo lead data and a big part was maintaining a set amount of fields, including various SFDC fields. What I wound up doing was just making "mirror" fields that update when the SFDC ones update. Might not be the most efficient solution, but it works as those get logged.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

True, you can't track changes to those fields via the Marketo API. If it's not in the Activity Log, the API won't show it either (and changes to those fields are not in the Activity Log). Not sure what you're trying to accomplish with that, so I can't suggest any workarounds.

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

I'm creating a warehouse of Marketo lead data and a big part was maintaining a set amount of fields, including various SFDC fields. What I wound up doing was just making "mirror" fields that update when the SFDC ones update. Might not be the most efficient solution, but it works as those get logged.