Tracking a link in an email blast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking a link in an email blast

HI ... Would like to be able to see names of people who click/download a specific pdf in our email blast.

In my progression smart campaign, I created a new folder: 'Opened' 
smartlist - trigger filter: clicks link in email - email name then added a constraint

Link is - name of file

Can someone please provide instruction on how to set up this smart campaign from beginning to end so that I see all names of people who click?

Thank you 

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking a link in an email blast

Hi Carla,

You are definitely o the right track. You just need to setup the Flow to either add them a list called Clicked PDF or Add/Change the SFDC status to Clicked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks!

Then I guess I need to set up a blank list in the lead database to capture them? Just need to know how to see names... unless I am missing something .

THANK YOU, again
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that's correct. Create a new static list to see all the new names.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but just thinking how it differentiates from those who clicked on any link vs those who clicked the one I am trying to measure... 

To clarify: 

Clicks link in email - Email Name, Add Constraint

Email is - PDF Link 

Flow:

Change Status of Progression: Program Name - Status: Email Blast >Clicked

Add to list: New name of static list

Is that right?
Thanks, again 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that's right, great job Carla!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you...

Sorry I have to ask.... where are the folks who clicked on any link as opposed to just my pdf? Just don't see how that is segmented. Does that make sense? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll need to create another smart campaign or smart list to see those who clicked on any link by using:

Clicks link in email - Email Name

This will pick up all those folks who clicks any link in the email since you didn't specifiy the exact link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

THanks, Michelle.. I followed the instructions but the results only reflect 'Clicked' not the specific links .... Do you know where the problem is?0EM50000000QzMg.jpg 
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Carla,

Below is a screen shot of where you can select the specific link in the email. Let me know if this this works.

0EM50000000QzNU.jpg