Re: Track the URL of the landing page containing the form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Track the URL of the landing page containing the form

I use the same form on several product pages. However I don't seem to be able to track the URL of the landing page my visitor was on when filling in my forms. So basically I don't know which product page is generating more leads. How can I get this valuable data? 
Is there also a way to filter info by URL?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Rozenn, you are most likely going to want to add a hidden field to your form that will capture a URL parameter. You can also go back and create smart lists of who filled out the form on page xyz, abc, and lmno since you haven't had that info populating previously. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.
I somehow knew it would be the answer. Problem is not so much to create the hidden field but to create the URL parameter, i.e the valid query string. For example, if I wanted to creat one like:
<input type="hidden" name="lpurl" value="https://www.domain.com/productA-landingPage.html?cr={creative}&kw={keyword}" /> how should I set up the hiddden field?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Rozenn, you'd create two custom fields (or pick two that you already have that you'd be populating using this form), and add them to your form as hidden. Then it asks how they should be populated, and you can proceed from there using the instructions above. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose that to create Custom fields, I need to ask someone with specific permissions as I don't think I can do that. I can only add field that are in a drop down. Any tips on creating these Custom fields?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

They need to be created in the Admin section of Marketo, and then they will be available for use in your forms. If you don't have permission for Admin, then you'll need to have someone else in your organization assist.