SOLVED

Re: Track persons assigned for follow-up in Marketo Program

Go to solution
Jroscoe
Level 2

Track persons assigned for follow-up in Marketo Program

Hi - I would like to know the best way to track in the Marketo program which persons have been assigned for follow-up by Sales in SFDC for multiple program types. The issue is the program success status isn't always an indicator of a person being added to SFDC for follow-up.

Example - if a person from a target account registers for a webinar, we will still add them to SFDC for follow-up, but if someone outside our customer profile attends, we will keep them in Marketo only. 

I'm considering creating a Marketo program and SFDC campaign status that will indicate if a member has been assigned, so we can have a clear view and report on this metric. 

Has anyone else ever done something similar? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I think having a separate program and campaign member status that you'd update for people Requesting Follow-up would be the ideal way to keep track of this. While updating the program status of people requesting Follow-up, you should check if they belong to your ICP or not, and if so you can update their status and sync them over to the SFDC, else you keep them in Marketo (I'd still recommend updating the Marketo program status for non-ICP people too for the tracking purposes).

Please let us know if you have any questions. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

I think having a separate program and campaign member status that you'd update for people Requesting Follow-up would be the ideal way to keep track of this. While updating the program status of people requesting Follow-up, you should check if they belong to your ICP or not, and if so you can update their status and sync them over to the SFDC, else you keep them in Marketo (I'd still recommend updating the Marketo program status for non-ICP people too for the tracking purposes).

Please let us know if you have any questions. 🙂

Jroscoe
Level 2

Thanks Darshil. This separate status will do a much better job of helping us keep track of traditional Marketo program success vs. assigned. 

Darshil_Shah1

You're very welcome. 🙂