Re: toutapp - marketo integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

toutapp - marketo integration

Wondering if anyone has done this?

If so, when you send emails via toutapp is Marketo scoring the emails on opens, clicks, etc?  Are the results being shown in Sales Insight in Salesforce?

tks
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Benjamin_Lillie
Level 2

We are also assessing ToutApp, so have seen that this is possible but have not yet integrated with Marketo, so can't really provide a response to validate. Also, would be interested in understanding if ToutApp emails count toward emails limits.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Owais & Ben, how did your Toutapp integrations go?  any positives? negatives? still assessing?

We are looking at this now and I am curious as to what your experience has been like.

thanks,
-Travis
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Our SDR team has a trial with tout. I'd be interested to hear from others if they've integrated tout with Marketo. What's the benefit that you've seen doing so?

Thanks much,

Michelle

Anonymous
Not applicable

I second this post. We have an SDR team utilizing ToutApp and I am yet to hear how an integration with Marketo works or goes. If anyone has done the integration, it would be awesome to understand how successful/valuable it has been.

Cheers,

Troy

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on the verge of integrating Tout with Marketo. I've been running into issues where sales teams are using both Marketo and Tout and being blind to which emails are being sent is a huge issue.

I will be scoring Tout clicks but don't score opens across any emails. Since Tout's integration logs activities as "Visits webpage" the thing I am looking out for is preventing my "visits multiple webpages in one day" from scoring due to a Tout email open/click/reply.These are the activities Tout says they log:

• dev.toutapp.com/events/openedEmail
  • dev.toutapp.com/events/repliedtoEmail
  • dev.toutapp.com/events/viewedEmail
  • dev.toutapp.com/events/clickedEmail
  • toutapp.com/events/repliedToEmail
  • toutapp.com/events/clickedEmail
  • toutapp.com/events/viewedEmail
  • toutapp.com/events/openedEmail

One thing I am also going to be keeping an eye on is how Marketo will log a Tout activity if someone emails a person from Tout prior to the lead being created in Marketo. Will it create a weird lead like Sales Insight does? Does it do anything at all? Will it sync will the full user details later on?

Not really an answer here for anyone but I hope it will help in your review process. If anyone has tips on other things I should be cautious of...please let me know!

Ande_Kempf4
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Hi Alyssa,

How did you set up your score trigger to not include "tout" webpage visits?

Amanda_Jurgens1
Level 1

Has anyone completed this? ToutApp sent documention that asked for our Munchkin code and SOAP API, but then support directed us in the interface. Anyone had success?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're trying to get ToutApp info into marketo as well and while I was digging around, I saw Marketo under their CRM integrations

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 9.27.23 AM.png

You just need your Account ID and Secret Key to link them up. Looks like it should log Tout activity into the Lead Activity View. Looks like they log Tout activities as web page visits and that might make it easier to create triggered campaigns off of that. More info: http://www1.toutapp.com/marketing-automation/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. That's right. It's pretty quick to implement once Tout support stops tossing you around and asking for things they don't need. When you run a test you will see you data come across as visited webpage.

How is your team liking Tout? We ran into a lot of issues with it because of the lack of visibility as to what was being sent (leading us to this integration). Now reps are having issues with the tool not removing people from drip campaigns or listening to unsubscribe rules.