tokens for dayofweek, month, date, year, time an email was sent?

Anonymous
Not applicable

tokens for dayofweek, month, date, year, time an email was sent?

I'm creating a short nurture path in which the user receives an initial email from us, and then each week for two consecutive weeks the user receives a forward from us, with a short message on top of the previous email. The intention is to automate an email series to look just like a one-to-one email thread from a sales rep. 

So, email 2 would look something like this: 

{{lead.First Name:default=edit me}}, 

Just wanted to follow up regarding X Y and Z. Let me know if you'd like to set up a brief call to learn more.

Tim

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 4:26 PM
To: {{lead.First Name:default=edit me}} {{lead.Last Name:default=edit me}}
Subject: About your LinkedIn profile

{{lead.First Name:default=Customer}},

Text for original message here.... 

My question is, is there a way to use tokens to personalize the Sent: line in the email details for the previous message? So, the system would populate this line with the right dayofweek, month, date, year, time the previous email was sent? 

Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 4:26 PM

We have SPARQ edition. 

Thanks,

David

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: tokens for dayofweek, month, date, year, time an email was sent?

David, for the question you have, no this isn't possible because you'd have to stamp the lead with something like Last Email Date.

Alternatively, if you had a single time for that first email to go out, you could use a Program Token to stamp the date as you wish.

You can definitely drop in Lead Owner tokens to make the email look like it came from the rep.
Anonymous
Not applicable

David,

As Josh referenced, a "last marketing email" date field isn't a bad idea. You could use this field to show your sales team when the last marketing email went out and for purposes like this email.

You would have to "translate" the datetime field, though, as the format would likely be a non-human-readable version.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use SFDC (i only did it with SFDC) then you can do it. You can change a data value at the time when the email is sent. then based on the value change record the time/date. And recall the token to marketo while sending the second email.

Email sent -> Email sent field ticked  -> SFDC record the time /Date/Day -> Change the format ->  recall the date/time to marketo

You can do the time/day/date changes and records through workflow and formulas in SFDC. Not sure how this will work with the other CRM as i never tried anywhere else.