Re: Tokens for Custom Object Fields

Robert_Whited
Level 2

Tokens for Custom Object Fields

Anyone have experience creating tokens for Custom Object Fields? I'm trying to create a token for a field value located within a custom object with no success. When I attempt to create the token, I drag over the "Email Script"; press "Click to Edit" and then search for the field I need under the "Custom Object" section in the right-hand drop down. From there I don't see my custom object or the fields associated with that custom object.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Robert
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Go to Admin > Integrations > Salesforce

Then click "Object Sync" and make sure you've enabled sync on the object you want.

Also, if the custom object is associated with more than one object (lead and account, for example) then it won't appear in scripting. We're adding that feature soon but don't currently support it.
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

One more thing, if it is the case that the object is associate with both lead and account (or something similar), it will show up if you just disable one of those associations from syncing. That means the data will be gone, but sometimes people only really care about accessing data for one of the associations. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Justin,

I am having the same issue. How do you disable it syncing for just one of the associations exactly?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kat,

Justin already answered.

Go to Admin > Integrations > Salesforce

Then click "Object Sync'

And then 'Disable' the association you do not want.

Rajesh