Token: Open a new email message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Token: Open a new email message

Hi all,

Is there a token that I can input to a link that opens someone email into a new message, that forwards what they are looking at, when they click the link?

Please let me know if anyone of you know how to do this.

Thanks

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Token: Open a new email message

Please move the thread to Products​. "Community" is for for issues with the Marketo Nation website itself -- and yes, this is confusing.

I also think you should rephrase/expand your question because the functionality you're looking for isn't clear. It sounds like Marketo's Forward to Friend feature (search for info on that. "What they are looking at" with F2F is the current email (not part of it, nor any other content).

Anonymous
Not applicable

To specify, I'm looking for a token within an email I send, that will open someones email program to forward to someone else. I have tried to use the F2F but it is a little bulky and blocks view on top and center text, as well as not sending the forward when I input the name and email address.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can restyle the F2F popup completely by putting styles in your email body. If the form isn't functioning for you, though, that's a bigger deal!  You get a success from the submit, but no lead is created for the friend and no email goes out?

Also, as far as opening the person's email client to forward the current email without personalization, there's no token for this, nor could there be as redirects to mailto: URLs are unreliable.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

One other thing in addition to what Sandy mentioned.. Is the name where you're trying to send the F2F email unsubscribed? When names are created via F2F they will be marked as unsubscribed by default. I'd look at the activity log of the name you're trying to send to, and see if there are any hints there.