SOLVED

Token for form submission alert subject line - differentiate forms

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Token for form submission alert subject line - differentiate forms

I have alerts sent to our sales team every time someone fills out a form. I want to know which form each lead is filling out, and returning leads. I tested multiple tokens including the campaign description token. I did not turn off cookies or search incognito because I don't see every single person deleting their history every time they browse.  I filled out form "A" as a test and it populated correctly in the subject line with the corresponding form "A" information. Then I test filled out form "B", but it populated Form "A" information in the subject line. Is there a way around this.  If it's a returning lead, we still want to see in the alert subject line, or somewhere on the form, what they are registering for each time they visit the site.

Is there anyway around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Token for form submission alert subject line - differentiate forms

Hi Jenny,

I do not really understand how you are setting this up.

You just need to have a smart campaign with a trigger "fills out form". In the flow, you will use a "send alert". Then, in the alert email, you will need to use the "{{trigger.Name}} token, that will provide you with the Marketo name of the form. This will work if you use a unique, centralized alert.

-Greg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jenny,

I do not really understand how you are setting this up.

You just need to have a smart campaign with a trigger "fills out form". In the flow, you will use a "send alert". Then, in the alert email, you will need to use the "{{trigger.Name}} token, that will provide you with the Marketo name of the form. This will work if you use a unique, centralized alert.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thanks! I am using that setup. I'm using one smart campaign for fills any form. But I'm not using that trigger, I will try that.  When you say "unique, centralized alert," do you mean that I need to create a smart campaign for each form individually though?

Jenny

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jenny,

You could use a different alert smart campaign an email for each form, if they are located in programs, or if their landing page is located in programs.

But the smart campaign I gave you above can be unique. But in thi case, what's important is the use of the "{{trigger.Name}}" token in the alert email. This token will provide you with the name of the form.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thank you so much for the help!

Jenny

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I think what Greg is referring to is a central set of IM campaigns that affect all of your programs.  Once setup, you can use this as one of your trigger campaigns:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

Yes, this is it, with a  difference that I was not talking about an interesting moment, but about an email alert.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Correct - the intention here was to illustrate the need for that trigger.name token.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks everyone!

This all worked perfectly.

Jenny