SOLVED

Time Stamping System Time in Local Time

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time Stamping System Time in Local Time

A client of ours uses workspaces in Marketo based around regions and wants to time stamp a field with the system time, but in the local time for that particular region. 

I can think of a few work around solutions but interested to know how other people are doing this?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time Stamping System Time in Local Time

Hi Carrie,

The {[system.datetime}} token will set the system time and I believe that when the regional user views the date in their workspace, it will show in their timezone, as long as the user has changed the timezone (under My Account) to reflect their region.

Thanks,
Cheryl

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carrie,

The {[system.datetime}} token will set the system time and I believe that when the regional user views the date in their workspace, it will show in their timezone, as long as the user has changed the timezone (under My Account) to reflect their region.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl,

I am working on a campaign in which we send confirmation emails to people who filled out a Marketo form. I used {{system.dateTime:default=N/A}} token in the confirmation email and changed my timezone to local time hoping that the emails will show local time. But this seems not working. It is still showing US time. Can you kindly advise why and how should I make it work?

Thanks,

Amber

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Amber, you should use a Velocity ("Email Script") type token for this. If you search my posts you'll see a lot of examples of datetime + timezone stuff in Velo. If you have more questions pls open a new thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sandy! I will definitely check it out.