time based event in engagement stream

Anonymous
Not applicable

time based event in engagement stream

I want to add a webinar invite, and second one a week later, into an engagement stream. So I want to interrupt the engagement stream to send the webinar invites instead of the mails in the engagement stream on two particular weeks, but obviously not to have these sent out subsequently to people going through the nurture program in subsequent weeks. Does anyone know the best way to do this? (or do I just need to pause the stream, manually send the invites, then restart the engagement stream in a couple of weeks time?)

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: time based event in engagement stream

Okay, I've just gone through product docs again and seen that I can make certain content (the webinar invites) only available from and to certain dates. The thing is the cadence is every 2 weeks but I want the invites to go out on consecutive weeks. Do I need to change the cadence to weekly and then reset it back to every two weeks, or is there a better way to do it?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, you need a once a week cadence in this situation.

Remember that if you add an Email in Position 1, it trumps all other emails below it, so that everyone in the Stream gets the new email. Date available helps here if you don't want the new people at the top to receive the new email after Day X.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Robert Gilham

If you are using programs in your engagement stream, you can have the smart campaign within the webinar invite program send a second email after a week's delay without changing the overall cadence of the EP. Once someone enters the nested program, the smart campaign within it could initiate a completely different parallel stream of communication if you want, with additional emails based on the logic you choose.

The one limitation is that this flow of communication from within the program is no longer tied to or throttled by the communication coming out of the main engagement. After two weeks the next item in the engagement program gets queued up and will send, regardless of whether there is ongoing communication from within a nested program that was sent previously. In some cases this can be fine however.

More info here: Add a Program to an Engagement Program Stream - Marketo Docs - Product Docs