Throttle Leads thru Smart Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Throttle Leads thru Smart Campaign

We have a Smart Campaign started up where we'll be rescoring around 38K lead's "lead score" based on past activity they've exhibited. These leads currently have a negative "lead score".

Because the database is so small, we want to only send 100 leads through the smart campaign at a time. Does Marketo have a built in ability to do this? Or would I need to make specialized Smart Lists to send through the campaign?

An example of a "specialized Smart List" would be, leads with a "lead score" between -5 and 0. I would then clone the smart list with the next criteria of "lead score" between -10 and -6. I would repeat this process until the 38K leads went through the Smart Campaign making sure that the results for each smart list were 100 leads or less.

Please tell me there's an easier way to do this!! 🙂

~Jaime
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Throttle Leads thru Smart Campaign

I don't really know an easier way to do this, but I'm curious- why only 100 at a time?
Kristin_Carideo
Level 2

Re: Throttle Leads thru Smart Campaign

I can see a use case for this if you were sending personalized emails from Sales and they did not want to get overwhelmed by responses. Native functionality in Eloqua and when I worked on that platform that's what I used it for, anyway.

You could create sub-lists and use a trigger campaign to move leads onto the various sublists based on score. Then create one campaign where you have choices - If is member of list [LIST 1], then send email. If not, do nothing. Wait step. If is member of [LIST 2], then send email, if not do nothing. Wait step. I don't know of a way to do it where you could say stop at 100 leads....

I don't know if this would save time, though....