The best way to structure a new form? Top tips welcome!

Sarah_Hare
Level 2

The best way to structure a new form? Top tips welcome!

I am about to implement a new form on our website it will be a 'Request an info' pack on a particular product. The form will be placed on the individual product page - at the moment we have 35 products and expanding!

Would it be best to do an indvidual form for each product OR would it be better to do 1 form with a picklist?

If I did a picklist I would need the field in the CRM too, right?

A bit stumped on the best approach so any tips or best practice feedback would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: The best way to structure a new form? Top tips welcome!

I am a huge fan of global forms.  You do not want to maintain 35 different forms.  It will prove to be rather unscalable.  You actually don't really need to put a pick list.  Is the thank you page generic or is it unique to each of the 35 product pages?  Either way its addressable. 

Since you know which page the form is sitting on, you can constrain on form is X on web page Y, and any marketo program can fire based on that so you only need one form.  (Request Info Form) 

If you want to direct them to a unique ty for each page, you can pass that value in the background and it will pull up the correct page without intervention of the web page visitor.