SOLVED

Text Only version contain extra whitespaces

Go to solution
Luis_Dalmolin
Level 2

Text Only version contain extra whitespaces

Hi there.

I'm using Marketo's API to create my templates & emails, and everything is working as I would expect. But, when I go to the created email in Marketo, the text-only version contain a lot of whitespaces between my sections.

Here's the HTML I have: email.html · GitHub 

I tried to update the text-only version via API, but apparently this API does not exist. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how my text-only version can look better? This is how it is currently looking:

Screenshot 2019-09-30 16.27.57.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Luis_Dalmolin
Level 2

Re: Text Only version contain extra whitespaces

I was able to deal with this issue by removing extra whitespaces and indentation of the HTML before sending to Marketo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Akshay_Pant1
Level 2

Hi Luis Dalmolin‌,

There is no way to update the text version of the email.

You have to update manually by clicking the text editor section in the email.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Akshay

Luis_Dalmolin
Level 2

Right, thanks. And you know if there's anything I can do in my HTML to avoid the multiple whitespaces when Marketo copies from the HTML? This will be completely automated so people won't really go and manually change the text-only version.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Does that whitespace (i.e. true CRLF, not HTML <br>) exist in the original? If so then you can't expect Marketo to know that it's "extra" and not important. You should strip out any whitespace that's ignored in HTML that you don't want in the text version.

Luis_Dalmolin
Level 2

I was able to deal with this issue by removing extra whitespaces and indentation of the HTML before sending to Marketo.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yep.