SOLVED

Text only emails as subscription option

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Text only emails as subscription option

With the release of text only emails, I think it'd be great if I added this option to my preference center.

The problem is, I don't want to have to remember to pull a smart list of who wanted text-only every time I send an email and have it send a seperately created text email to those folks. Am I just overlooking something? Is there an easy way that this can be done or are we not there yet?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Text only emails as subscription option

I think we're not there yet. You'd need to add the Text Only Field, then make sure to Exclude them from the regular email campaign, then create a separate Text Only Email, then send Text Only people that email.

A bit of a pain, but important if your audience is more on the text side. I'd say only people who are deep into Linux/Unix are text only these days. I don't know the stats, but few people have turned off HTML in gmail or outlook.

So until Marketo adds that, the above is what you need to do. Perhaps you can post it as an idea?

Allow Text/HTML only option on form sign up and have Marketo automatically send just the Text version of an email if the lead selects Text Only.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I think we're not there yet. You'd need to add the Text Only Field, then make sure to Exclude them from the regular email campaign, then create a separate Text Only Email, then send Text Only people that email.

A bit of a pain, but important if your audience is more on the text side. I'd say only people who are deep into Linux/Unix are text only these days. I don't know the stats, but few people have turned off HTML in gmail or outlook.

So until Marketo adds that, the above is what you need to do. Perhaps you can post it as an idea?

Allow Text/HTML only option on form sign up and have Marketo automatically send just the Text version of an email if the lead selects Text Only.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Josh. I had a feeling this was the case.