SOLVED

Test triggered nurturing campaign w/o activating it

Go to solution
Trevor_Sparks
Level 2

Test triggered nurturing campaign w/o activating it

Hi,

I've set up an engagement program for prospects who enter but don't complete our shopping cart. Their "shopping cart status" is passed to Marketo, which triggers the campaign. There are 3 different statuses based on how far you proceeded in the cart and each status triggers a different stream.

How do I test this without activating the campaign? I know I can test the streams but I want to test to make sure the right streams are triggered based on shopping cart status. We're already passing this data to Marketo so I don't want to activate the campaign as "live" prospects would enter the program.

Trevor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Re: Test triggered nurturing campaign w/o activating it

Add a filter to your trigger campaign which is "email contains @gtm.com." Then you can create your own test leads and simulate the trigger process to make sure they get added correctly, so long as your test leads have an email address with your main company domain. You can activate the trigger and not worry about real leads getting affected. Then when you want to "turn it on" you remove that filter, and it will apply to the rest of the database.

Also, if you're on a mail server that supports "+" in email addresses (e.g., Google Apps), you can create lots of test leads quickly and descriptively. Being "supported" in this case means that the any normal characters after the plus sign are aliases, but Marketo will recognize them as separate email addresses and therefore separate leads, such as:

All of the above would go to tsparks@gtm.com.

Cheers,

Edward Unthank | Founder, Etumos

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Add a filter to your trigger campaign which is "email contains @gtm.com." Then you can create your own test leads and simulate the trigger process to make sure they get added correctly, so long as your test leads have an email address with your main company domain. You can activate the trigger and not worry about real leads getting affected. Then when you want to "turn it on" you remove that filter, and it will apply to the rest of the database.

Also, if you're on a mail server that supports "+" in email addresses (e.g., Google Apps), you can create lots of test leads quickly and descriptively. Being "supported" in this case means that the any normal characters after the plus sign are aliases, but Marketo will recognize them as separate email addresses and therefore separate leads, such as:

All of the above would go to tsparks@gtm.com.

Cheers,

Edward Unthank | Founder, Etumos

Trevor_Sparks
Level 2

Thank you. I appreciate your response. That makes sense and I will test it.

I apologize for my delayed reply as i was out of the office for a few days.