SOLVED

Test Email Smart List Members Blocked from Mailings?

Go to solution
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Test Email Smart List Members Blocked from Mailings?

We are currently running an A/B test as part of an Email Program and wanted to double-check that our Smart Campaigns to change the Program Statuses are working correctly.

I did what I normally do in this case and created a Smart Campaign within the Email Program that would send the email to just my email address; however, my email address appears as blocked and I'm unable to send it to anyone other than me, as well.

Is this because the winner hasn't been chosen? Or it is because it's an A/B Test program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Test Email Smart List Members Blocked from Mailings?

Hi Jennifer,

MKTO is not smart enough to differentiate between System Users (You) and prospects. I would pull up your record in the lead database using email address and check that you are not marked as Unsubscribed, Marketing Suspend, Blacklisted, or Invalid Email. If none of these are selected, not really sure how to resolve. You can always click on the blocked volume number (in this case "1") and MKTO will take you to a smartlist of blocked addressed with the reason they are blocked displayed. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Jennifer, can you include a screenshot of how you have the program set up? Have you already flowed through 1x and you're trying to go through again but the settings are just for 1x? Or maybe have you hit communication limits? Without a visual it might be challenging to narrow down the issue.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

I don't think it's communication limits because I run into the issue with any email address I add to the campaign. I also have the campaign set to run every time, but still, every email address added is blocked.

Here are screen shots of the whole campaign flow:

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 9.47.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 9.48.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 9.48.14 AM.png

I'm thinking it's because this is parts of an A/B Test Email Program, but I can't be sure.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hmm, yeah, that's bizarre and I guess it must be related to the fact that it's part of an A/B test. Otherwise, I an't see any specific reasons you should be excluded from the send.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Thanks! I tested it in another A/B test and ran into the same problem. I haven't come across any documentation about it from Marketo - probably because it's such a one-off thing. Oh, well!

Keith_Nyberg2

Hi Jennifer,

MKTO is not smart enough to differentiate between System Users (You) and prospects. I would pull up your record in the lead database using email address and check that you are not marked as Unsubscribed, Marketing Suspend, Blacklisted, or Invalid Email. If none of these are selected, not really sure how to resolve. You can always click on the blocked volume number (in this case "1") and MKTO will take you to a smartlist of blocked addressed with the reason they are blocked displayed. Hope this helps.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Yup - been through all those steps and am unfortunately still blocked. And anyone else that I add to the smart list is blocked, as well (which hasn't happened with other programs, so I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact it's an A/B test).

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Ugh - nevermind, you're right. Somehow I managed to get on the Marketing Suspended list. Very bizarre. Ignore me!

Keith_Nyberg2

No worries!