Syncing specific fields from SFDC to Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Syncing specific fields from SFDC to Marketo

Hi all,

I've got an issue which is more of an SFDC issue, but I'm a complete novice when it comes to SFDC and hoping that there might be a way to solve this issue in Marketo.

I have a field which we use to measure MQLs within Marketo, called "Marketing MQL or XQL". This is a field that also exists within SFDC, where the value is changed manually. We also use a field called "MQL Conversion Timestamp" to log the date and time of when the lead was converted to an MQL.

Looking back over our MQLs for the last 6 months, I've noticed that we have 91 where the MQL or XQL field is empty in Marketo, but the MQL Conversion Timestamp is 1st July or later. When I look at these records in SFDC, I've noticed that they all have either XQL or MQL within the "Marketing MQL or XQL" field. But this value has not synced across to Marketo, and in Marketo this field is empty.

This is causing huge issues with underreporting. And I have no idea why this field isn't syncing. Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Syncing specific fields from SFDC to Marketo

I just went through a similar exercise. It could be a couple of things. 

1. Did you create your field in SFDC or Marketo first? If you created it in Marketo first, it may not be linked to the SFDC field correctly. You can verify this in the admin panel > field management > field mapping. The SFDC fields should be listed under the Marketo field. This wouldn't explain why only some of them arent syncing. If this is the issue, the easiest way to fix this is to hide the field in Marketo, create a new field in SFDC, confirm they populated correctly and then convert your campaigns to the new field and move the SFDC field data from the old to the new, then delete the old SFDC field. 

2. From the SFDC side, confirm that Marketo has visibility to all the records and fields that are needed. The easiset way to do this is to log into SFDC as Marketo, and search for one of the mismatched records. If it gives an error, then the issue is with the SFDC visibility. 

Hopefully it's one of these 2.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Syncing specific fields from SFDC to Marketo

Hi,

We are having a similar issue where SFDC is rejecting the sync and population of the field because the token display a different format than is accepted in SFDC field of "Date" type. How do you overcome this challenge? We don't want to use that field as a text, since we want to report/sort on that field as a date in SFDC. Thanks!

Best,

Greg