Syncing "Clicked Link in Email" with Email View in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Syncing "Clicked Link in Email" with Email View in SFDC

We have our SFDC option set to create activities for opens, clicks and form submissions automatically from the Admin panel in Marketo, which is great, but the fact that activities are only created once per day per contact for email clicks is a big problem for us, especially with regard to newsletters or other emails with more than one link. More than likely, people who click more than one link in a newsletter will do so in the same 24 hour period.

We can obviously create a Smart Campaign that creates a task every time a link in an email is clicked.  However, the details included in the comments for the automated task for clicked links (which include both the link - easily tracked by {{trigger.Name}} - as well as a link to SFDC where the sales person can view a snapshot of the actual email that was sent) are something we absolutely want to capture for every link clicked in every email.

Do any of you know which trigger to use to present the latter part of the automatic task creation?  I'm speaking specifically to the email template view link.

Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Syncing "Clicked Link in Email" with Email View in SFDC

Use Interesting Moments instead. Almost no one uses the Activity sync anymore because it takes up space in SFDC.

I also tend to avoid Opens since they are unreliable.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Syncing "Clicked Link in Email" with Email View in SFDC

We don't pay attention to opens at all, but it's one of those "nice to haves" for our SFDC users.

Most of our reporting is based in SFDC, as is the case for many people I'm connected to, since that is where our sales people/marketing managers have access and where the dashboards are most effective.  We use tasks for our reports, and will continue to do so.

Do you know of a trigger or anything else that links to the page in SFDC where the salesperson can view the original email?