SOLVED

Re: Syncing Marketo Programs to SugarCRM Campaigns

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Syncing Marketo Programs to SugarCRM Campaigns

We are trying to find out if there is a bidirectional sync available between Marketo programs and SugarCRM campaigns for members of a specific campaign and their status based on their program engagement...as there is between Marketo and Salesforce. All leads in Marketo are passing over to Sugar, but have no alignment with the campaigns unless we manually add them to the Sugar campaign once they pass over. Anyone using Sugar and run into this issue?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lindsay,

Unfortunately the SugarCRM integration with Marketo currently does not have a Sugar Campaign -to- Marketo Program sync. Since the integration is owned by SugarCRM, I would definitely forward your request to your Account Manager at Sugar and try to drum up some interest in this feature. FWIW, I've worked with other Sugar+Marketo users who would also love this sync.

As such, my recommendation to you is to use Marketo reporting instead of Sugar Campaign reporting, because if you have RCE (with the Marketo Select Edition), then you'll be able to generate pretty much all of the reports you would've wanted to create out of Sugar. Please reach out to your Marketo Account Manager if you'd like to see a demo of this in further detail.

Last but not least, partners like NEPO (who originally created the Sugar-Marketo integration) could also offer services to extend the OOTB integration. In addition, maybe you can try a workaround by having a data value change to a custom field on the Lead/Contact to represent updates to the 'Program Status', and this can then trigger off updates in the Sugar Campaign to update member statuses. Keep in mind I've never seen or tested this workaround, but theoretically, this seems to be possible.

Hope this helped,
-Ben

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lindsay,

Unfortunately the SugarCRM integration with Marketo currently does not have a Sugar Campaign -to- Marketo Program sync. Since the integration is owned by SugarCRM, I would definitely forward your request to your Account Manager at Sugar and try to drum up some interest in this feature. FWIW, I've worked with other Sugar+Marketo users who would also love this sync.

As such, my recommendation to you is to use Marketo reporting instead of Sugar Campaign reporting, because if you have RCE (with the Marketo Select Edition), then you'll be able to generate pretty much all of the reports you would've wanted to create out of Sugar. Please reach out to your Marketo Account Manager if you'd like to see a demo of this in further detail.

Last but not least, partners like NEPO (who originally created the Sugar-Marketo integration) could also offer services to extend the OOTB integration. In addition, maybe you can try a workaround by having a data value change to a custom field on the Lead/Contact to represent updates to the 'Program Status', and this can then trigger off updates in the Sugar Campaign to update member statuses. Keep in mind I've never seen or tested this workaround, but theoretically, this seems to be possible.

Hope this helped,
-Ben
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's definately work arounds for this, you're right Ben.

Bear in mind that connector looks at Item Name, not Display Name of fields, so you need workflows in MKTO to align the data and custom fields in both platforms to pass the data. Because Campaigns in Sugar actually run off an ID reference, which means nothing to the user, for each Campaign you want visible in both systems, you need a workflow in MKTO that effectively says:

> when record syncs and Campaign ID equals aab32061-33eb-e766-149e

> Update Custom Campaign Name [custom field you will need to create in MKTO] to equal 'Primary Lead Capture'

Then if it's possible for the field to be updated in MKTO, a reverse workflow is also required. And don't forget lead score and what ever other sync rules you've got setup. It's not ideal, but it does work...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure which connector you're using, but I'm using the Nepo connector with Sugar 6 point something, and I have this working...It's not straight forward, but worth investing the time in, if you had to manually add this info for every lead, thats not really a viable option is it...?

Let me know if you need more info...