SOLVED

Syncing leads when they reach threshold post email send.

Go to solution
Yash
Level 4

Syncing leads when they reach threshold post email send.

Hi Everyone,

My team asked me to implement the following. Post email sends we would be evaluating the click-through using 'Clicks Link in Email' trigger and assign them few points and after doing so if their score reaches the threshold we would want them to sync to CRM as leads. As we are setting up the score on the flow tab of the smart campaign, I'm unsure as to how I have to query for the updated score-will that be in the same smart campaign or do we need to create a new smart campaign(looking for implementation steps here).

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Syncing leads when they reach threshold post email send.

Two things here:

1. I would never do that in the same flow, as the decision to sync would likely be a central process you want to manage once and not umpty times in each smart campaign. The same applies of course to the scoring itself! Imagine what you have to change if you decide to change the score from 2 to 3 points in each and every campaign... You can set up a central program where you house both the smart campaign for syncing the lead as well as any smart campaign managing your scoring process.
  2. Honestly, clicking link in email is not a very good scoring factor. You can find many community posts about the issue of mail scanners registering loads of email clicks where no person has ever even seen the email. If you want to add real business value from your leads, talk to your business contacts and find out what really represents a high propensity to buy. Which webpage visits show intent, which form fills, etc? And build out a scoring model that actually generates leads with value.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Syncing leads when they reach threshold post email send.

Two things here:

1. I would never do that in the same flow, as the decision to sync would likely be a central process you want to manage once and not umpty times in each smart campaign. The same applies of course to the scoring itself! Imagine what you have to change if you decide to change the score from 2 to 3 points in each and every campaign... You can set up a central program where you house both the smart campaign for syncing the lead as well as any smart campaign managing your scoring process.
  2. Honestly, clicking link in email is not a very good scoring factor. You can find many community posts about the issue of mail scanners registering loads of email clicks where no person has ever even seen the email. If you want to add real business value from your leads, talk to your business contacts and find out what really represents a high propensity to buy. Which webpage visits show intent, which form fills, etc? And build out a scoring model that actually generates leads with value.