SOLVED

Re: Syncing Custom SFDC Fields

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Syncing Custom SFDC Fields

Hello All,

I currently have Marketo Spark Edition and SFDC Enterprise edition.  I'm trying to figure out how to sync custom fields I create for opportunities back to Marketo, so that I can create a campaign based on our custom fields.

Example, my customers may use Adobe software or Avid software.  I want to be able to send an email to customers that meet the criteria: Opportunity=Yes Software=Avid

I have dug into both field management and a few articles and it seems like it is only doable through the API and not something that can be done in the interface. I find that a little hard to believe.  Does anyone have any tips or articles they can point me to?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nate,

No, it is very simple: make sure the Marketo sync user has access to opportunities and especially to this field. The field will be mapped to Marketo, on the opportunity object, within minutes.

Then, in Marketo, use an opportunity related filter/trigger:

pastedImage_1.png

and add a constraint on the "Software" field:

pastedImage_3.png

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nate,

No, it is very simple: make sure the Marketo sync user has access to opportunities and especially to this field. The field will be mapped to Marketo, on the opportunity object, within minutes.

Then, in Marketo, use an opportunity related filter/trigger:

pastedImage_1.png

and add a constraint on the "Software" field:

pastedImage_3.png

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gregoire, I was way overthinking that, that works perfectly!

Best,

N