SOLVED

Re: Sync to Salesforce only if in system already

Go to solution
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Sync to Salesforce only if in system already

Hey all! We currently use the Marketo campaigns to sync activity such as opening an email back to our Salesforce database. However, what we've found is that it isn't ideal because it will add a duplicate to Salesforce as a lead that is already a contact in the system (such a mess to have to deal with!) I want to set it up so that when I trigger my campaign for open emails, it will only sync it to the Salesforce campaign if they are already in Salesforce. I can't find any filters to help with this. Any ideas on what I can use? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter -- "SFDC Type" = is not empty.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter -- "SFDC Type" = is not empty.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amber,
Jason is correct in what filter to use when doing this.

However, if they are already a lead in Salesforce, the syncing should be done automatically by the background sync and the Sync Lead to SFDC flow actions should be unecessary. It may just be delayed by a few minutes.

Will
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

It's more of an issue with Marketo adding the lead to Salesforce a second time as a duplicate. It doesn't always happens, but it happens enough to cause problems with our sales group. We don't use smart lists a lot because of the complexity of our segementation (and the fact that our sales people are horrible at putting contacts on an opportunity!) so we pull lists from Salesforce, remove certain contacts and then upload it into the Marketo program. For some reason, Marketo doesn't always realize that the people on the new list were already in the database as a Salesforce contact and adds them new again. 

Thanks, Jason for the correct filter! That works perfectly for me!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem as Amber - the leads already exist in SFDC and we want to add them to a campaign. I tried the filter SFDC Type = Not Empty but it still creates a duplicate lead.