Re: Sync to salesforce multi select picklist field

Biren_Dhulia
Level 2

Under workflow, smart list filter does show 6 values.

pastedImage_1.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I mean look at the literal String value in a Smart List, or at the lead level.

Biren_Dhulia
Level 2

Under the active marketing program, i don't see any smart list under local assets. At the Lead level when the lead comes in from website under SFDC custom field it only shows the first checkbox that was selected on the form. 

SanfordWhiteman

You can create a Smart List at any time, anywhere!  Or a static List. I'm merely asking you to look at this field's contents, same as you would look at Company or First Name for a group of leads at once.

Biren_Dhulia
Level 2

I am sorry about lots of back & forth messages. I am new to Marketo and really appreciate your patience with me. The field content in actual lead records is only one value not the multiple values. I hope i am answering your question correctly. When i pull the lead record in Database, under SFDC custom fields the value for Inquiry Type field is the value of first checkbox that was checked on website not the multiple values. 

SanfordWhiteman

If the full value, which should be a semicolon-delimited string, is not even syncing (unidirectionally) from SFDC to Marketo then you have another problem. That's no longer about the Marketo String not syncing all values to Salesforce.

I'd recommending stopping and restarting the SFDC Sync to see if the change to the (SFDC) field type gets picked up.

You must develop a set of debugging techniques for things like this. Lists of leads, Views w/custom columns, and looking at the Activity Log are crucial. 

Biren_Dhulia
Level 2

The full semicolon-delimited string is syncing from Salesforce to Marketo. Problem is the other way around. I have changed the field type in Salesforce to Multi-Select picklist but that did not help. Will this field type change will be reflected automatically in Marketo?

This is what it shows under field management. 

pastedImage_1.png

Michelle_Roch
Level 2

Hi Biren. We experienced a similar issue and were able to fix it. I'd be happy to screen share to determine if our instances are related. Feel free to send me a private message with your availability if you want to connect.

Biren_Dhulia
Level 2

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your reply. I have created a case with Marketo as we have experienced other sync issues as well. I will let you know if we were able to get this fix or not and if I need your help.

Michelle_Roch
Level 2

Sounds good. Good luck!