SOLVED

sync process on custom objects

Go to solution
Jason_Terrell
Level 3

sync process on custom objects

In my Marketing database, I have my contacts which are synced from Salesforce.  I also have a custom object linked to contacts which is synced as well.

The custom object is getting synced regularly, but is it being synced because the contact linked to it is getting synced?  Or is it getting synced because it's timestamp is getting updated?

To explain it better:

1) salesforce custom object record updated, then salesforce contact object record updated.

a) result: both records are updated to Marketo when it next syncs.

2) Salesforce custom record is updated and salesforce contact object record is NOT updated.

a) Will the Salesforce custom record be synced or do I need to update the salesforce contact object to get it to sync?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: sync process on custom objects

Hi Jason,

is it being synced because the contact linked to it is getting synced?  Or is it getting synced because it's timestamp is getting updated?

• It is getting added to SFDC because the contact is added to SFDC when you sync the custom object for the first time or when the contact is added to Marketo or when the custom object is created in link with a contact that is already sync"ed
  • From this, the custom object will be updated in Marketo only if it's updated into SFDC

So in both your cases the CO will updated in Marketo.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jason,

is it being synced because the contact linked to it is getting synced?  Or is it getting synced because it's timestamp is getting updated?

• It is getting added to SFDC because the contact is added to SFDC when you sync the custom object for the first time or when the contact is added to Marketo or when the custom object is created in link with a contact that is already sync"ed
  • From this, the custom object will be updated in Marketo only if it's updated into SFDC

So in both your cases the CO will updated in Marketo.

-Greg

Jason_Terrell
Level 3

Thanks Gregoire.

I am a little confused by your answer though.

Just to verify, the custom object has been added to Marketo already.

Both records in salesforce exist already in salesforce, and have been synced to Marketo months previously.

I'm updating something on the custom object in Salesforce, and it should automatically update to Marketo without my having to do a force update on the linked contact.

In other words, Marketo is smart enough to check if the linked objects change, regardless of the contact object it's linked to changes.

Right?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, this is it with regards to updates.

-Greg