Switching to Marketo and need to update pages with Marketo page analytics code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Switching to Marketo and need to update pages with Marketo page analytics code

We are switching our corporate site to Marketo and need to update all of our pages with the Marketo code to capture leads/data from each. I was hoping it was a simple find/replace with the new code from Marketo. Has anyone done this?

Can you direct me to information on doing this or on the code itself? Please : )
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Switching to Marketo and need to update pages with Marketo page analytics code

Theresa - I think this is really going to depend on your site and corresponding CMS if you are leveraging one. If you can share some of the specifics on your deployment we might have some users that give you some insight.

While you will eventually want to remove unnecessary code -  your first action may not have to be a replace if it is more complicated then an insert/apply.

For instance if you are leveraging Drupal, you could insert at the theme level and have it apply across your property with that theme. Other CMS systems have similar functions.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Switching to Marketo and need to update pages with Marketo page analytics code

We are using WP and we're hoping to make a global change as we work on a re-design. So we don't want to recreate much if necessary. Just update and refresh the site. Ideally we were hoping to simply update code within WP.

thanks for any insight Clinton.
Anonymous
Not applicable

WP is pretty easy if you have someone who has access to the config/theme files - you'd want someone who is familar to to the editing.

I think there are also some plugins readily available if you search online: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/marketo-tracker/
Anonymous
Not applicable

We definitely have access and I think we can figure out how to do it. Especially if it's just a code swap. If it's an API, Widget, Plug-In; then we'll investigate it.

Any idea if there's code?

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqX&src=univ
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as an FYI- the Munchkin wordpress Plug-In just adds the Munchkin code in the footer. In general, I've found it is about as easy to just replace it in your theme's footer by hand.

Clinton's link has the right way to find the Munchkin Javascript snippet for your site.

-Erik
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much!