SugarCRM 7 Integration

Patrick_Cava2
Level 2

SugarCRM 7 Integration

Has anyone had experience integrating Sugar 7 with Marketo? Any issues?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SugarCRM 7 Integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a time Nepo Systems was the only option available. Unfortunately the company adopts an extremely restrictive licencing policy. I worked fdor SugarCRM Support. My request to have a single licence to learn, demo and help customers did not succeed. Please do not take me wrong. Nepo is a great company and I  am glad to praise their good work. 

The Marketo Connector for Sugar is developed and maintained by SugarCRM itself. The lead developer, John Mertic, is one of the most active members of SugarCRM's Engineering team. He wrote two reference books.

I am going to request a SugarCRM demo/test instance. I will post my findings on Marketo and SugarCRM Communities.
Patrick_Cava2
Level 2

Thanks guys. I'm aware of the connector. I was hoping to get feedback from customers that have actually used it, so that I can understand any issues or major differences between the sugarcrm connector and the sfdc connector, which I have used. 

For instance, from my understanding so far, the sugarcrm connector has some advantages, such as the ability to fully integrate with custom objects. However, the salesforce connector seems to have other advantages, such as the sales insight module, or the ease of setting up the field mapping.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best approach here is to ask SugarCRM for customer references for this integration. A phone conversation with a couple current customers would provide a more honest picture to the quality/ease of the integration.