Re: Success with Marketo Gravity Forms Add-On for WordPress

Anonymous
Not applicable

Success with Marketo Gravity Forms Add-On for WordPress

Hello,

Have you use Marketo Gravity Forms Add-On, http://wordpress.org/plugins/marketo/ , to connect your website forms to Marketo? If so, can you please share your experience?

Our requirements which raises hestitation around this add-on:
- Does it have the ability to record all (including custom) field data for new leads and existing contacts in Marketo
- Will we be able to track lead source details

Please advise.
Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're having a littlle trouble with our custom Marketo fields. Also picklists aren't syncing up, but I think I just need to ensure that the possible values are exact matches. Nonetheless, the leads are showing up in Marketo properly, just missing data from 2 fields. As a short term manual fix, I'm going into Wordpress to view the entries, and copying/pasting the values over.

I also started another thread here and I'm waiting to hear from another user abour her experience. http://community.marketo.com/marketodiscussiondetail?id=90650000000PiqgAAC

I
f you have figured something out for the custom fields, please let me know!

Matt
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have them working very well, it took a good bit of debugging especially concerning custom fields in SFDC or Marketo. Due to a lack of documentation, I had to do a bit of debugging.

For the custom Gravity form fields you need to use the API name of the field, not the friendly label name.  In the Marketo interface, if you go to Admin -> Field Management then click on "Export Field Names", you will get a xls file that contain the API name of all your Marketo fields.  Look for the custom field you are having trouble with.  Use that in the WordPress Marketo Feeds section of WP.  

Worked like a charm for me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your follow up Matthew! What you're saying makes total sense. I'll try it and let you know how it works out.