SOLVED

Success rate

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success rate

Hi community!

We have just migrated to having our email send to Marketo, previously we were deploying through NetSuite. NetSuite and Marketo's reporting is a little different, we were able to see how many people replied to the email that was being sent, and the clicked rate was much higher. I believe it's because NetSuite counts each link clicked in the email, and if a client returns to the email and click the link again it will count.

From my understanding, Marketo regardless of how many links are in the email counts a "clicked" as one. That will pose as a problem because we want to track how well certain links do from this month to the previous month and on average we have a LEAST four links to click within the email. I've been looking at the Email Performance Report and the number clicked is significantly low than the number clicked in the Email Link Report (about 1,000 off). Is there a particular report that I should be looking at to be able to compare the number of total clicks within the email? Or should I be looking at a different measurement to gauge engagement with our email sends?

How does the clicked rate differ from the Email Performance report and Email Link Report? Perhaps there is a way to see this in Revenue Explorer that I have yet to learn?

Any suggestions are very much welcomed!

Thank you,

Stephanie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Success rate

I'd suggest showing your team the numbers how they are used to seeing them so that they can feel confident that results and performance haven't changed since switching systems, and then I would get them thinking about click through rates as a unique number (as shown in the email performance report) and not an aggregate number. This will save you work in the long run, and is also a more accurate representation of people who open an email and then click on it.

To show them numbers like they are used to, clicked to opened would probably be the total clicks from email link performance divided by opens from email performance. I still wouldn't use the people number because aside from evaluating individual link performance, that number doesn't mean a whole lot.

The clicked number in email performance is the number of unique people who clicked at least one link in your email. You can also hover over the word clicked (or other columns in the report) and it will show you Marketo's definition of that column.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Stephanie, I find that the two numbers that are the most useful are: clicks (from elp_clicked) and clicked email (from emr_clicked). The reason behind that is:

• Clicks is the total number of clicks done by everyone in the email.
  • Clicked email is the total number of leads who clicked at least one link in the email.

The other number, people (from elp_clicked) could register the same person 1, 2, 4, or 50 times... depending on how many links they clicked in the email.

The one caveat to this, is if I want to know how many people clicked a specific link in an email, then I will use the "people" number because that tells me how many people clicked that link at least one time.

Hope this helps some!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response Dory!

As far as reporting purposes, what do you purpose I do? Take the number for the "people" number from the elp report and divide that by the number of delivered to show the true click through rate? Our clicked to open rate has gone down significantly and I'm being asked what could be the possible reasons, but I'm not sure of a solution or perhaps we should be looking at a different number since NetSuite and Marketo have very different ways of calculating the success of a campaign.

Do you know how the number clicked in the epr is calculated by the way?

Thank you!

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I'd suggest showing your team the numbers how they are used to seeing them so that they can feel confident that results and performance haven't changed since switching systems, and then I would get them thinking about click through rates as a unique number (as shown in the email performance report) and not an aggregate number. This will save you work in the long run, and is also a more accurate representation of people who open an email and then click on it.

To show them numbers like they are used to, clicked to opened would probably be the total clicks from email link performance divided by opens from email performance. I still wouldn't use the people number because aside from evaluating individual link performance, that number doesn't mean a whole lot.

The clicked number in email performance is the number of unique people who clicked at least one link in your email. You can also hover over the word clicked (or other columns in the report) and it will show you Marketo's definition of that column.

Best of luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to make sure I'm getting this right...so Click to Open is the number that would be best to gauge engagement throughout our email campaigns, rather than number of clicks per email?

Is there also a way to track number of replies within Marketo? Or would that be looking at the elr and manually do it? Is there an easier way to do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dory Viscogliosi​ Thank you for coming to the rescue here

Stephanie Dureg​ If Dory's solution did the trick, can you flag it Correct Answer : ) or Mark as Yes Helpful