Success Data Discrepancy in RCA

Joe_Corato
Level 1

Success Data Discrepancy in RCA

I've got a program that has 38 successes when I look at it in Marketing Activities, but when I try to pull it into a Program Opportunity Analysis it shows 0 successes using the Success (Total) field.  Not only is this an issue because the numbers are clearly off, but it also means that the program isn't able to influence any opportunities (or at least according to this report).

Some detail -

• The program's channel is tradeshow, and analytics behavior is set to inclusive. 
  • Successes were set via a smart campaign after the program had concluded that looks to the synced SFDC campaign statues since success wasn't being set correctly initially.  (this has worked in the past)
  • Double checked the smart campaign results to make sure all 38 people went through the flow.  Even tried wiping and resetting their success status.
  • I've waited 24+ hours before looking for the updated data in RCA

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the program channel, some sort of SFDC sync issue, or something else entirely. 

Any ideas would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Success Data Discrepancy in RCA

Hi Joe,

There are a few things we can exclude here:

• This is not due to some SFDC sync issue, neither to the program channel per se.

Make sure that the program member statuses definition and success flags map what you expect.

I usually prefer to avoid using the "change program success" flow step. when we need to fix a program, I add a dummy, non success, member status, with the same step number as the success one. You can freely change the member status back and forth between 2 member statuses when they have the same step number. So I move all the members to the non success status. Whe the sucess counter is back to 0, I do the opposite move.

-Greg

Joe_Corato
Level 1

Re: Success Data Discrepancy in RCA

Hi Greg - very interesting!  I'll give that a shot a report back when I can.

Thanks so much for the help.