Subscription Preference

Rashmi_Bijai
Level 2

Subscription Preference

Hi, 

I am in the process of developing a subscription preference center. I have created a form for users to submit their preference. This information is saved in the respective Salesforce fields for contacts and leads. 

My question is regarding updating these preferences. If the user chooses to update the preference, how do you retrieve their stored preferences from salesforce and display them on the from ?
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Subscription Preference

Hi Rashmi,
you would need to have the data in Marketo.

If so,  just prepopulate forms in Marketo and after that users can modify it.

Best regads

Steffen
Rashmi_Bijai
Level 2

Hi Steffen

Thank you for responding! Do i need to create the fields explicity in Marketo? I created it Salesforce only. How do you pre - populate forms? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rashmi,
you would need the datafield in Marketo. And on each field of the form you can select on the bottom right if it should be Prefilled if you are using Forms2.0

Best regards

Steffen
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Rashmi,

I recommend creating the fields FIRST in SFDC, they will sync to Marketo.

Then your form will have the fields and be able to sync that data across systems.

See some of my thoughts on this:
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/subscription-management-tips-for-marketo-454/
Rashmi_Bijai
Level 2

Hi, 

i  did set up the fields in SFDC first and it seems like they are synced to marketo. I also have the pre fill option turned on for those fields in the form but it still doesnt retreive the valus from SFDC. 

Is there any other setting i need to look at?

Thanks
Rashmi 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rashmi,
sorry for being unclear on that and Josh is right.

Is the data in Marketo and not prefilled in Marketo? Are other fields prefilled? Is the form on a Marketo Landing Page?

Best regards

Steffen
Rashmi_Bijai
Level 2

Steffen, 

The form is on a marketo landing page. I added the  field as a token on the landing page and it displays the info correctly. I have added the same field on the form and it doesnt seem to retreive the data. It shows blank each time, 

Thanks
Rashmi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rashmi,
could you look into a single record in the Lead Database which should have  subscription information?
And did you read the article from Josh?

Best regards

Steffen
Rashmi_Bijai
Level 2

I just heard from Marketo support. They are checking to see if the pre fill works for boolean values and check boxes. I will update this post once they figure this out.