SOLVED

Subscription management campaign for new persons

Go to solution
Karyn_Hill
Level 4

Subscription management campaign for new persons

I can't seem to get my process to set subscription management choices for new people when they enter Marketo (most often from our CRM but not always). Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Re: Subscription management campaign for new persons

Hi Karyn Hill​,

The smart list and the flow settings seems to be correct here. Could you elaborate on what exactly is the problem here? aren't the new leads getting subscribed? Would be really helpful if you could elaborate more on the issue being faced

Also would want to point out that, if the leads that you are marketing to falls under the general data protection regulation, then using only the above smart list to subscribe leads could make the process non compliant with GDPR. Just wanted to date you on that as well.

Would be really helpful if you could elaborate more on the issue that you are facing.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Karyn Hill​,

The smart list and the flow settings seems to be correct here. Could you elaborate on what exactly is the problem here? aren't the new leads getting subscribed? Would be really helpful if you could elaborate more on the issue being faced

Also would want to point out that, if the leads that you are marketing to falls under the general data protection regulation, then using only the above smart list to subscribe leads could make the process non compliant with GDPR. Just wanted to date you on that as well.

Would be really helpful if you could elaborate more on the issue that you are facing.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Karyn_Hill
Level 4

New contacts aren't being subscribed when they enter. This is a temporary measure and will be altered in a month or so, approved by our General Counsel. We're in the process of switching from opt-out to opt-in. Our members are all paying members and will be walked through the preferences center when it goes live.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Karyn Hill​,

Would it be possible to check the details in the leads activity log to see what is happening. Or perhaps if you could create a new test lead and share the screenshot of the activity log. That could perhaps give further perspective about why the leads are not getting subscribed.

Like I said, the smart list filters and triggers including the flow actions look fine. It would be helpful to determine the root cause by checking a sample leads activity log to see the reason behind them not getting subscribed.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'd rather see this setup as a batch or to focus on a specific Form. I'm unclear why you look at Person is Created, Form IS NOT instead of Fills Out Form IS or Person is Created: Source + field values.

Are there other fields that would identify the net new Leads from the source you are looking at?

Like Karan says, what are your test results?