SOLVED

Subscription Center

Go to solution
gmarta
Level 2

Subscription Center

Does anyone have a link to documentation on how to setup a subscription center?  I have found a lot of vague content and videos that don't help with implementation.  The only resources I can find that seem partially correct are from 2015...is there anything current?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Re: Subscription Center

Hi gmarta,

So there isn't a set "subscription centre" built into Marketo per se. You have a couple of options:

* Run the subscription centre outside of Marketo (eg. source of truth is Salesforce) and then simply sync in the different fields that you need to determine subscriber status.

* Run the subscription centre inside Marketo (eg. source of truth is Marketo itself) and utilise things like Boolean checkboxes to show subscription or unsubscription from certain communications.

If you have the option, I would recommend centralising this in CRM if you can. It just makes it easier to manage long-term. If you run it via fields and forms in Marketo, then you will need to think carefully about the impact of things such as the global unsubscribe field. If you pop this field on a form and it's checked when someone clicks to change their preferences, then it will automatically opt them out of everything. 

But the short answer is - if you have simple needs, you can set up a subscription centre pretty easily in Marketo. Create a landing page, put a form on it, and have the form hold the different subscription preferences as fields (likely as boolean fields). Pop a link to that in your emails, and that should work just fine. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Hi gmarta,

So there isn't a set "subscription centre" built into Marketo per se. You have a couple of options:

* Run the subscription centre outside of Marketo (eg. source of truth is Salesforce) and then simply sync in the different fields that you need to determine subscriber status.

* Run the subscription centre inside Marketo (eg. source of truth is Marketo itself) and utilise things like Boolean checkboxes to show subscription or unsubscription from certain communications.

If you have the option, I would recommend centralising this in CRM if you can. It just makes it easier to manage long-term. If you run it via fields and forms in Marketo, then you will need to think carefully about the impact of things such as the global unsubscribe field. If you pop this field on a form and it's checked when someone clicks to change their preferences, then it will automatically opt them out of everything. 

But the short answer is - if you have simple needs, you can set up a subscription centre pretty easily in Marketo. Create a landing page, put a form on it, and have the form hold the different subscription preferences as fields (likely as boolean fields). Pop a link to that in your emails, and that should work just fine. 

gmarta
Level 2

Bullet #2 is what we are aiming for.  As it stands we are launching with a global unsubscribe to all.  Where can I learn how to "utilise things like Boolean checkboxes to show subscription or unsubscription from certain communications."

Thanks much!

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Where can I learn how to "utilise things like Boolean checkboxes to show subscription or unsubscription from certain communications."

Form knowledge plus Smart List knowledge in order to create audiences based on these preferences expressed via forms.

Generally speaking, a Preference Center has a frontend - that is a form on a landing page - and a backend which are all follow-up processes including change specific data values and/or adding people to lists or programs to sort them.

You also want to read this: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/champion-program-blogs/the-comprehensive-guide-to-setting-up-the-unsub...