SOLVED

Re: Stumped resolving an invalid module problem in Email

Go to solution
dcreagh
Level 2

Stumped resolving an invalid module problem in Email

Hello,

I'm baffled as to where the problem is within this email template.  It was working except on OL Office 365 Windows 10 so I tried to replace the button code because they don't render. All other clients look fine. Now I get invalid module #template-wrapper > center.

I've checked every center in the. I flattened the formatting and then let VS Code format to see if I am missing a tag. I can't find it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And if there is a better tool to check syntax, I would greatly appreciate a recommendation.

I'm including a link to the html file

Thank you,

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_Wright
Level 4

Hi - your problem seems to be the <center> on line 874 and </center> on line 963

remove those and it will approve

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@dcreagh ,

you've got a lot of abbreviations in there.  Is OL Outlook?   

Have you tried stripping out modules until you find the problem?  

And then once you've found the problem module put it back, and start stripping out code until you find the issue.

Cheers

Jo

dcreagh
Level 2

@Jo_Pitts1 

Thank you. I tried stripping out all the modules and pasting them back in. I use VS Code to edit email code and combed through with a bracket matching extension to find the errant tag. Jon found the center tag causing the problem but I missed it because it was closed.

I dream of the day we can write simpler email code.

Thanks,

Dennis

Jon_Wright
Level 4

Hi - your problem seems to be the <center> on line 874 and </center> on line 963

remove those and it will approve

dcreagh
Level 2

Thank you @Jon_Wright

That was the problem. I thought I fixed that but I was looking so long at that email, I couldn't see it.

Thanks again.

Jon_Wright
Level 4

no problem, had many of those moments. In terms of writing simpler code we use MJML as our email framework, which I can highly recommend. Just let me know if you want any pointers in moving the MJML/HTML into Marketo templates.

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

I am not MJML user, I hand write all my code from scratch, but I recognize that I am getting old and it's time to embrace the future. Please, can you tell us your experience creating templates/modules using this script and porting it into Marketo and integrating Mkto syntax, etc?